Biomedical Engineering Jobs in USA for Freshers This is a senior stage Biomedical Engineer place during which the incumbent consults on the lifecycle administration of medical expertise(s) regionally throughout the TeleCritical Care East and West Programs inside VHA.
And is an knowledgeable for a particular medical expertise (s) and serves as a liaison between Biomedical Engineering employees at VHA, VISN, and facility ranges.
The Biomedical Engineer will apply their information of biology, engineering and biomechanical requirements to the design.
Growth and implementation of organic methods and merchandise, akin to synthetic organs, biomedical gear, prostheses, surgical procedures, new remedy strategies and well being administration and care supply methods.
They may even work with different scientists, chemists and engineers on employees to analysis, design and consider new biomedical gear, merchandise and software program.
The Biomedical Engineer may even be chargeable for performing operational and security testing on all scientific gear in addition to help different clinicians and employees on the correct utilization and upkeep of biomedical gear.
- Company Name: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Post: Biomedical Engineer
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Qualification: Graduation
- Job Experience: Fresher & Experience
- Salary: $80,000 to $84,000 Per Year
- Industry: Government
- Job Location: Hines, IL, USA
- Working Hours: 8 Hours
- Work Remotely: No
About U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs:
Eligibility Criteria for Biomedical Engineering Jobs in USA for Freshers:
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 with Science stream or its equivalent from any recognized board in India.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 50% aggregate or more in Class 12 with science stream.
- Reserved categories such as SC/ ST are given relaxation upto 5%
Biomedical Engineer Skills:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A good eye and understanding of design principles.
- Ability to work well with patients.
- The design and technical ability to turn design ideas into quality products.
- Ability to work with and manage a team.
- Innovative thinker with advanced research skills.
Biomedical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Supports affected person prognosis and remedy by putting in, testing, calibrating and repairing biomedical gear; coaching customers; sustaining protected operations.
- Approves new gear by conducting checks, making certain adherence to codes and making modifications.
- Installs new gear by establishing, adjusting, calibrating and testing efficiency.
- Maintains gear by finishing preventive upkeep schedules, conducting checks and troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions.
- Calls for particular gear service, evaluates service contracts and maintains gear inventories.
- Directs biomedical gear operation by offering gear operation demonstrations, instructing different healthcare employees in use and care of apparatus and answering questions.
- Evaluates proposed gear by conducting checks and evaluations.
- Improves gear efficiency by learning machine-patient interplay, conferring with gear customers, creating modifications, and collaborating with producers.
- Maintains provides stock by checking inventory, anticipating wants, putting and expediting orders, and verifying receipt.
- Prepares biomedical reviews by amassing, analyzing, and summarizing data and tendencies.
- Maintains affected person confidence by retaining data confidential.
- Maintains protected and wholesome working setting by conducting security checks.
- Recommending and complying with procedures, coaching and guiding medical and healthcare personnel and complying with codes.
Biomedical Engineer Important Responsibility:
- Provides enter on medical expertise to native facility and/or VISN on High-Cost/High-Tech requests as wanted;
- Monitors rising medical expertise and developments throughout National, VISN, and Local ranges and inside the non-VA healthcare expertise environments;
- Drafts RFP necessities for brand spanking new gear purchases, translating scientific wants into technical specs;
- Manages a recall and security alert program for medical gadgets, together with medical gadget incident investigations to guarantee compliance with affected person security objectives, SMDA and Joint Commission necessities;
- Coordinates with regional/VISN and facility stakeholders together with however not restricted to medical workers, scientific personnel, Biomedical Engineering, OI&T, Facilities Engineering, Patient Safety, Logistics, Contracting, NAC, and gear producers on medical expertise;
- Conducts capital asset and infrastructure planning for medical gear spanning preliminary idea, set up, and efficient implementation of complicated medical methods;
- Reviews and drafts native, VISN and/or nationwide insurance policies and procedures for implementation as associated to the incumbent’s space of task;
Biomedical Engineer Duties:
- Provides steering to regional services on relevant regulatory necessities, codes and requirements as they apply to the protection, operation, and administration of medical instrumentation;
- Documents all work carried out within the computerized upkeep administration system (CMMS);
- Serves as TeleCritical Care knowledgeable on particular medical applied sciences and supplies session on medical expertise methods that span throughout a number of medical facilities within the VHA group;
- Coordinates and assists with nationwide TeleCritical care roll-out of the at current and expansions medical facilities;
- Lifecycle administration of community gear together with however not restricted to community switches, servers.
- Routers and associated infrastructure for any and all networked complicated medical gadgets and methods corresponding to imaging, life help, dialysis, and monitoring;
- Designs, implements and manages TeleCC incident response attributable to an infection, lack of service or regional and native coverage adjustments in keeping with VA tips.