Job Name:- Technical Writer
Salary: 15000 – 25000 a Month
Exp: 0– 1 years
Company Name:- ZS
Location:- Pune, Maharashtra
Job Info –
ZS’s India Capability & Expertise Center (CEC) houses more than 60% of ZS people across three offices in New Delhi, Pune and Bengaluru. Our teams work with colleagues across North America, Europe and East Asia to create and deliver real world solutions to the clients who drive our business. The CEC maintains standards of analytical, operational and technological excellence across our capability groups. Together, our collective knowledge enables each ZS team to deliver superior results to our clients.
ZS’s Corporate Enterprise Functions operate the firm’s core internal functions. Our global teams comprise team-oriented, pragmatic and results-driven people who thrive in a challenging work environment. Our people come from diverse backgrounds but share a passion for quality customer service and dedication—whether our customer is a client or another ZS employee.
ZS IT Support teams is aligned with the company’s business strategy and operating model and aims to provide its 4800 plus employees and their clients the right tools and information for high performance. The IT organization focuses on providing products and services to ZS to ensure successful business outcomes. This involves providing a scalable, sustainable and reliable IT infrastructure, customized applications, messaging and collaboration products, Business Intelligence and Database administration support along with a reliable 24*7 uninterrupted high quality technology support services.
We seek an experienced Technical Writer to drive, create and update IT related documentation. This may include developing new policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) to comply with industry standards and frameworks, contractual obligations or local law, updating and maintaining existing procedures, liaising with appropriate personnel to ensure that compliance workflow management systems are configured in accordance with documented procedures, managing the policy lifecycle end to end. This position will work closely with subject matter experts such as software development teams, Enterprise IT, HR and Legal team leads and stakeholders.
- Connect with subject matter experts and proactively manage your own learning to become familiar with our technology offerings, internal controls landscape, and internal compliance processes;
- Work with compliance and audit team members and other subject matter experts and functional leads to implement timely and effective edits until documentation is ready for publication on time;
- Suggest improvements to documentation and processes whenever possible, eventually demonstrating ownership of the technical writing function;
- Adhere to design template and company style guide while organizing and writing documentation;
- Assist with development and maintenance of applicable training and educational material (e.g. byte sized informational modules to educate end users on appropriate use of documented policies)
- Develop and propose documentation plans and outlines for new procedures, user/training guides and supporting materials; estimating project length and keeping everyone involved on time;
- Enhance and maintain existing documentation to deadline;
- Proactively manage the policy lifecycle (development, periodic review and approval, version control, publishing of approved policies and procedures to the company intranet);
- Work with appropriate personnel to make sure that ZS’s compliance workflow management systems are always in sync (configured) with newly documented or updated policies
- Perform additional duties as required from time to time.
- BS/BA in English, Journalism, Communications, Technical Writing, Computer Science or other relevant field of study required;
- Up to 3 years technical writing experience, preferably documenting IT policies and procedures;
- Experience with Visio or other process flow visualization tools, MS Office suite of tools required;
- Superior writing, editing, and communication skills required;
- Excellent command over the English language (especially grammar and sentence composition skills) required;
- Strong experience using Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.);
- Experience with desktop publishing software applications (e.g. Adobe InDesign) highly preferred;
- Familiarity/working knowledge of various compliance frameworks (e.g. US SOC2, ISO 27001) preferred;
- Experience learning about and communicating complex topics;
- Outstanding organizational/time management, planning and prioritization skills.