Jobs in London Government, Faculty Business Units (BUs) are the customer facing teams responsible for providing cutting-edge solutions to our customers. They currently have four BUs; Government, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Consumer Business, and Engineering & Built Environments.
As a BU Technical Director you will have a broad remit with responsibility within the BU for the team leadership and management of technical people, technology development, and ensuring we deliver high quality technical outcomes to our customers.
Additionally, you will be working closely with the BU Director on business development.
- Company Name: faculty
- Post: Technical Director
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Qualification: bachelor’s degree in programming
- Job Experience: Fresher
- Salary: £80,000 – £110,000 per Year
- Industry: Government
- Job Location: London, England
- Working Hours: 8 Hours
- Work Remotely: No
Faculty is an applied AI company that helps organisations who have the scale, data, and foresight to adopt AI into their business.
They are helping make AI real across society by providing a unique combination of strategy, software and skills to our customers:
everything needed to successfully create value from AI. Founder-led and with over 50 PhDs, we’re a team of specialists with experience across healthcare, finance, government, retail, engineering, construction and a host of other sectors.
Eligibility Criteria for Jobs in London Government:
- A STEM degree is preferred but not required
- Deep understanding of the customer needs within the BU sector and the ability to turn our technology into compelling solutions for them.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders
Benefits of Jobs in London Government:
- Unlimited holidays: We encourage one another to make use of this time to take a break, work on private tasks, or to spend time with their family and friends.
- Genuinely versatile working: We imagine folks have wants, tasks and pursuits that require one thing completely different to a strict 9-6 working day. We belief folks to organise and take accountability for their very own work and do our greatest to help their lives outdoors Faculty.
- Mental well being teaching: We supply entry to confidential teaching periods with psychological healthcare professionals from Sanctus to make sure we provide the chance for our staff the possibility to debate and keep their psychological well being
- Parental Leave: We supply a progressive, equal, and beneficiant parental go away coverage. All mother and father are given 15 weeks go away at full pay along with statutory break day.
- Cycle to work scheme for all staff
- Access to TechScheme month-to-month private tech compensation course of£100 Work from Home tools fund for any work-essential tech or residence workplace tools (on high of your laptop computer, after all)
- Breakfast and extra fruit, drinks and snacks than you may ever eat supplied (for office-based staff)
- Yoga periods twice every week.
Technical Director Skills:
- Think scientifically, even in the event you’re not a scientist – you take a look at assumptions, search proof and are all the time searching for alternatives to enhance the way in which we do issues.
- Love discovering new methods to resolve previous issues – with regards to your work and your skilled growth, you don’t imagine in ‘ok’. You all the time search new methods to resolve previous challenges.
- Are pragmatic and outcome-focused – you know the way to stability the large image with the little particulars and know an ideal thought is ineffective if it will possibly’t be executed in the actual world.
Technical Director Responsibilities:
As a Tech Director, you’ll be important in driving the mission of the Business Unit and general Faculty by offering strategic management to the technical groups.
We’re a quickly rising organisation, so roles are dynamic and topic to alter. Your position will evolve alongside enterprise wants, however you may anticipate your key obligations to incorporate:
Team constructing and administration
- Leading the technical a part of the BU, together with structuring, constructing and managing the group
- Working with the BU Director to set the BU technique and course
- Pastoral take care of the group
- Technical teaching
- Organising technical sharing tradition
- Help implement organisational course of modifications
- Ownership of plans to point out what a differentiated AI layer may appear like for BU clients and dealing with central Product to articulate of an acceptable expertise roadmap for his or her use circumstances
- Actively oversee the event of expertise
- Technical and resolution structure
- Tech feasibility of latest and present use circumstances
- Curation, exploration, and nurturing of concepts that might finally inform new use circumstances
- Keeps on prime of developments in AI related expertise of their BU
- Support undertaking tech leads to make sure tech groups ship what they promise
- Ensure groups have what they should do good work and supply a degree of escalation to get help
- Contribute and be a part of supply groups the place applicable
- Input concepts and approaches within the Faculty Standard
- Business improvement together with serving to clarify our tech to clients and contributing to proposals
- Domain experience understanding of buyer wants
- Representing Faculty by contributions to publications / blogs / conferences /occasions
- Working with central Product Management to develop a coherent proposition for a way we apply our tech within the BU together with reference implementations, gross sales and advertising and marketing collateral
- Scoping and buyer qualification, together with sign-off